Associate Editor — Fresh Cup Magazine
Fresh Cup Magazine is the coffee and tea industries’ premier monthly trade publication. At Fresh Cup, we’ve spent more than two decades covering the stories of specialty coffee and tea, showcasing tea-growing regions and cutting-edge coffee towns, giving voice to stalwart veterans and visionary newcomers, and digging into issues important to owners and vital to employees. Our stories have educated our international readership on best business practices and shown just how complex and vibrant the worlds of coffee and tea are.
We are seeking a self-starting individual to join our small team based in Portland, Oregon. The associate editor will be responsible for creating accurate, educational, and informative content for the Fresh Cup readership through digital, social and print media.
- Source, write, and edit weekly e-newsletter content
- Write, program, and manage Fresh Cup’s social media presence — primarily Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Create and source imagery for social media use
- Produce regular data and insights into the effectiveness of each social media platform
- Write articles for print publication
- Edit the monthly magazine for grammatical and spelling errors
- Coordinate and execute sponsored content opportunities with sales team
- Light office management and mailing duties
- Represent Fresh Cup at social and industry events
- Some travel required
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in publishing, with a background in social media
- Excellent English writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to project manage and work with multiple deadlines
- An understanding of content development and print media production
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaborate with coworkers
- Working knowledge of basic photography and photo-editing practices
- Understanding and interest in modern media trends and digital communication
- Ability to conceptualize, pitch, lead, and execute editorial concepts
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of the specialty coffee and tea industry preferred, but not required
This is a full-time, in-house position at our office in Portland. Local candidates only. Compensation is DOE, with health benefits and vacation time.
**To apply, send a cover letter and résumé to Caitlin Peterkin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this position in the subject line. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.**
Fresh Cup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, body size, or veteran status.