Advertising Sales Associate — Fresh Cup Magazine
Fresh Cup Magazine is the coffee and tea industries’ premier monthly trade publication. At Fresh Cup, we’ve spent more than two decades covering the stories of specialty coffee and tea, showcasing tea-growing regions and cutting-edge coffee towns, giving voice to stalwart veterans and visionary newcomers, and digging into issues important to owners and vital to employees. Our stories have educated our international readership on best business practices and shown just how complex and vibrant the worlds of coffee and tea are.
We are seeking a self-starting advertising sales associate to join our small team based in Portland, Oregon. The sales associate will work closely with our sales director to help drive ad revenue for our monthly print publication, website, and social media.
• Assist in increasing advertising sales and growing client base.
• Establish, maintain, and develop positive relationships with current and potential clients.
• Generate new client relationships and help expand the Fresh Cup brand.
• Reach out to client leads through cold-calling.
• Coordinate sales efforts with staff members.
• Coordinate sponsored content campaigns in print, digital, social media, and video platforms. • Stay up-to-date with best practices and trends.
• Represent Fresh Cup at social and industry events.
• Some travel required.
Required Skills & Experience
• Two years advertising sales experience or a degree in marketing, business, or similar area, with a strong portfolio of work.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Superb sales, customer service, and administrative skills.
• Results-driven work ethic.
• Comfortable speaking on the phone and cold-calling prospective clients.
• Working knowledge of current and best practices in sales, advertising, and marketing.
• Innovative approach to developing multi-media advertising campaigns for clientele.
• Creative in finding and communicating with potential advertisers.
• Works well as a team member.
• Highly motivated, persistent, and energetic with a positive attitude.
• Background in media preferred.
• Experience in the coffee, tea, or hospitality industries is a plus.
This is a full-time, in-house position at our office in Southeast Portland. Compensation is base pay plus commission, with health benefits and vacation time.
To apply, send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the subject line.
Fresh Cup is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status.