Photos courtesy of Cerrado Coffee Growers Federation
Friday, October 4, marks the very first “Cerrado Mineiro Day”, launched by the Cerrado Coffee Growers Federation, in partnership with Ally Coffee.
Beginning this year, the first Friday of October will celebrate coffee from the Região do Cerrado Mineiro, Brazil’s first and only Designation of Origin for coffee. The region’s Seal of Origin and Quality guarantees the origin and quality of its coffee lots, made possible by the Cerrado Coffee Growers Federation, the entity that promotes, controls, and represents the Cerrado Mineiro Region.
On October 4, Ally Coffee, the Cerrado Coffee Growers Federation’s first accredited importer, will host cuppings and events around the world. Attendees will be able to learn more about the region, its coffee, and the Designation of Origin program, cup the new crop, and purchase the coffee.
All events are local time:
- 4 p.m. at Ally Coffee—1801 Rutherford Road, Suite 112 Greenville, SC 29609
- 1 p.m. at The Pulley Collective—2451 Peralta St, Oakland, CA 94607
- 1 p.m. at Kaffelabbet—Landsvägsgatan 15, 413 04 Göteborg, Sweden
- 3 p.m. at Open Coffee—Bolshaya Monetnaya 16, St. Petersburg, Russia
- 3 p.m. at Coffee Workshop—Bolshaya Novodmitrovskaya Street, 36с6, Moscow, Russia
- 3 p.m. at Röststätte Berlin—Ackerstraße 173, 10115 Berlin, Germany
- 7 p.m. at Kaffa Roastery—Pursimiehenkatu 29, 00150 Helsinki, Finland
“Cerrado Mineiro Day, besides being a moment of celebration, is part of a strategy for integrating the coffee chain and uniting the links around the promotion of the Cerrado Mineiro Region, our coffees, our Designation of Origin, and our producers,” says Juliano Tarabal, superintendent of the Cerrado Coffee Growers Federation. “We want to invite people to experience our origin and to know about our coffees.”